The 2nd annual Social Media World Forum takes place next week at London’s Olympia; and the schedule looks extremely juicy. The two-day forum starts Monday 15th and attracts some of the true thought- leaders in social media, who should be sharing their knowledge on some of the meatier issues faced by social media practictioners and participants today including; monetization, future technologies, engaging with brands and managing social/business metworks. (Like there’s a difference???)
I’m in the midst of a hardcore liveblog training- regime, which involves a timed laptop bootup, which is more impressive than a rifle assembly drill. Plus a steamed fish and wheatgrass diet (concentration levels) and bionic occular implants (for the slides).
Actually, that is a bit of an exaggeration. I am keeping my nails rather short, and I’m laying off the pork scratchings, but that’s only going to get me so far.
I really need your help!
Let’s have some social media dotcommunism here. This is the jam-packed big-name schedule. I hope to liveblog two or three of the biggest sessions and the rest will be featured in roundup posts, so let me know if there is anything you really want to know about!
9:20 a.m. OPENING KEYNOTE
Kevin Eyres of Linkedin Europe
9:50 a.m. DEVELOPMENTS OF THE WORLDWIDE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKET IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS
It doesn’t make it clear who is speaking here – or perhaps it is still Kevin Eyres?!:
10:10 FACEBOOK PLATFORM AND FUTURE STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS AT FACEBOOK
Trever Johnson: Head of Strategy and Planning, EMEA, facebook.
10:30 PANEL: THE CHANGING ROLE OF SOCIAL METWORKING AS AN INFLUENCER OF WORLDWIDE MEDIA
- Allison Wightman, Head of Marketing, Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Sienne Veit, Social/Mobile Commerce Director, M&S Direct
- Igor Beuker, Founder, SocialMedia8
- Freddie Laker, Director of Digital Strategy, SapientNitro
11:40 WHAT ARE THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS OF MONITORING & MEASURING A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN?
Muhammed karim, Senior Brand Manager, Mars
12:00 BUILDING COMMUNITY BASED ENGAGEMENT IN YOUR BRAND
David Henry, VP Digital marketing (Europe), Monster.
12:20 PANEL: INTEGRATING SOCIAL MEDIA INTO TRADITIONAL MARKETING STRATEGY
- Mark Watts-Jones, Head of Development & Innovation, Orange UK
- Dr. Torsten Wingenter, Head of Social Media, Lufthansa
- Lisa Mane, Head of Social Media, COI
- Tom Nixon, Co-Founder & Director, NixonMcinnes
14:00 DEFINING THE BRAND EXPERIENCE THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
Freddie Laker, Director of Digital Strategy, SapientNitro
14:10 HOW TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO POWER GLOBAL INITIATIVES
Lucas Herscovici, Global Head of Digital & Innovation, Stella Artois & Becks
14:30 SOCIAL MEDIA IS OUT OF CONTROL
Alex Miller, Head of Jam (i-Level Social Media Unit) and Olivia Newton, Head of Emerging Platforms, i-Level.
14:50 PANEL: PRACTICAL TIPS TO LAUNCHING BUILDING & MANAGING YOUR BRAND WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Martine Edgell, CRM Specialist, Mercedes Benz
- John Hughes, Insights & Research Manager, Yomoego
- Muhammed Karim, Senior Brand Manager, Mars
- Paul Cowan, VP New Ventures, Syncapse
16:00 PANEL: MONETIZING SOCIAL GAMES & VIRTUAL CURRENCY
- Michael Caselli, Editor, Online casino News (Chair)
- Adam Caplan, VP, Virtual Currency (Super Rewards), Adknowledge
- Oliver Lo, Senior Marketing Manager, Mojo World
- David Wang, CMO, Sega
16:20 SOCIAL VIDEO. CONVERSATIONS ON FACEBOOK GET REAL, LIVE, INTERACTIVE AND IN THE CLOUD!
Arnold Waldstein, CMO, Vpype
16:40 PANEL: USING APPLICATIONS TO REACH NEW AUDIENCES – THE LATEST IN APP DEVELOPMENT
- Neil Sato, CTO, mixi
- Fred McIntyre, VP Product, CBS Interactive
- Shoieb Yunus, CEO, Vpype
17:15 (Day 1 Wrap)
Day Two. (I can only make the first section today)
9:50 HOW CAN ADVERTISERS INTEGRATE SOCIAL NETWORKS INTO THEIR ADVERTISING STRATEGY?
Michael Smith, Deputy Director of Interactive Services, COI
10:10 MONETIZING SOCIAL MEDIA & SOCIAL NETWORKS
Chris Tradgett FIDM, Partnerships, buy.at
1030 PANEL: BENCHMANRKING ADVERTISING ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Ricky Chopra, Digital Marketing Manager, Speedo International Limited
- Jason Baker, Head of CRM and Digital Media, Ikea UK
- Alex Miller, Head of Jam, i-level’s Social Media Unit
- Marco Corsaro, Managing Director, 77 Agency
- Adam Fields, Head of Social Media, Media Contacts
I’ve got to call it a day there; but do check out the full schedule and I’ll try to find anyone else that might be liveblogging!