What is Blue and White and Read All Over?
What has more than 59 million users? Has 250,000 new members per day since January 2007? Has more than 14 million photos uploaded daily? Has More than 65 billion page views per month?
No…. Not Orkut.
The Answer is Facebook!
Whether you love it or hate it, if you are reading this blog, you are a Facebook member and you use it daily.
Here is how People were using Facebook in August 2007:
It was only a matter of time before every SEO, Link Bulider, and Internet Marketer in general saturated this amazing Social Networking site and took over. When the opportunity arrived over the summer to include applications and more recently Business/ Fan Pages there are more and more Facebook marketing campaigns popping up everyday.
Facebook made headlines many times this year. From when they sold a portion of advertising rights to Microsoft for a whopping $240 million, beating out Google’s bid. And then more recently Facebook has been battling their issues with the newer Beacon addition (Beacongate), which was heavily discussed in the blogosphere. Growing at such a rapid rate, I am sure that Facebook will definitely show up in the headlines for both negative and positive reasons more frequently.
Facebook has become an important tool for not only internet marketers, but all kinds of business. However, it is difficult for some (including me) to keep Facebook at work being ultimately work driven and not include social fun, but somewhere there is a thin line.
So if you are not using Facebook as part of your Social Media or Social Networking campaign, here is a list of blogs I find super helpful to keep yourself updated on whats new on Facebook:
- Face Reviews – An awesome up to date Facebook news blog for marketers.
- The Official Facebook Blog- Updated by Staff and Zuckerberg himself.
- Inside Facebook- Tracking Facebook and it’s platform.
- Facebooking101- Facebook Bloggers- Collects random posts about Facebook from all around the blogosphere.
- All Facebook- The UNofficial Facebook Blog.
Facebook has definitely changed my work-flow (and my life) over the past 6 months and has improved Brand Management, Traffic spikes, link building, and it has opened up HUGE doors in my career through networking.
- Has Facebook changed your life more so than other Social sites, such as Myspace, Bebo, LinkedIn, etc?
- How often do you use Facebook?
- Do you include Facebook in your marketing campaigns?
- Do you use Facebook Mobile or Faceberry ?
- How has Facebook changed your work performance over the last year?